oh my….what fun we had on our “summer of love tour nyc.” well, that’s what we called it….this trip home! night time in the Big Apple is so much fun, especially in summer.
– let me tell you a secret (well, not a huge secret, but still….) at Grand Central Station is The Campbell Apartment. a place to have classic cocktails & light fare in the ornate Grand Central offices of a 1920’s mogul. in my head i was so ‘Great Gatsby’ and the dim lighting puts you in a flapper mood. make sure you chat with the bartender Paris, he has many stories for you.
– walking by a movie theater…..headliners
– chilled libations at prohibition bar Orient Express that is modeled after a vintage railway car with classic cocktails and homemade mixers. so cute, quaint, swanky and moody. the bartenders fit the mood and scenery perfectly……and can mix anything. board the Orient Express as soon as you can! oh, and if you are game……a little Absinthe (see drink lighted)
– fabulous and healthy dinner at Spring Street Natural restaurant in the heart of Soho
– walking home late at night….NYC live rock stenciled on the sidewalk